Monday, September 01, 2008

An ideal husband

Another Oscar Wilde adaptation? No, just my mission statement now that Paula has made an honest man of me.

We honeymooned in Scotland, staying in an idyllic little village called Drumnadrochit, on the shores of Loch Ness. If you're ever in the vicinity, I highly recommend an evening meal at Fiddler's restaurant, followed by a sampling from their exquisite collection of single malts.

Subject of which, distilleries were visited, drams partaken of, and bottles procured. We are now officially skint, but there are some things money can't buy.

One of the things it can, however, is the Cineworld Unlimited card, and I must confess I've not been putting mine to proper use. I've seen exactly one film on the big screen in the last fortnight - of which more next posting - and barely more than that on the small screen.

But I'm back, and the financial imperative of spending a good few weeks watching the pennies means that plenty of DVD viewing is on the cards, the Bond-fest over at Guilty Pleasures will resume, and I'll be catching up on a few of the personal faves here on The Agitation of the Mind.

It's good to be back.

(For the record, that's confetti on my head, not bird poo. Honest.)

3 comments:

stephen wyer said...

i'm sorry but it sure looks like bird poo to me! i've got a wedding photo like that only mine looks like a white cow pat!

Neil Fulwood said...

The photo of me taking aim at the bird in question with a shotgun has been disposed of, so I'm still sticking to my story. It's confetti.

Really.

stephen wyer said...

ok mate if you say so.
let me have your address and mobile number again please. i've called a number several times but it is always switched off.